Your Phone Is Now Your Bus Pass!
The Token Transit app allows Tricounty Link customers to purchase bus passes with their smartphones, which can then be used as electronic tickets to board buses. Customers will need to download the Token Transit App to use the mobile pay option.
To ride, the customer simply shows their phone to the driver as they board the bus instead of sticking a pass or cash into the farebox.
How It Works
Download “Token Transit” from the Google Play Store (Android) or the Apple App Store (iPhone).
When you are ready to ride, tap your pass to activate. All passes are stored in your Token Transit account.
As you board the bus, simply show your ticket to the Operator.
- At this time, the Token Transit app must be downloaded to utilize the mobile pay services.
- Passes and tickets are not date specific and are non-directional. Trips are counted at the time of activation.
- Be sure to load your pass on your smartphone prior to the bus approaching and/or boarding Tricounty Link.
- Wait until the bus approaches the stop before activating your pass. Do NOT activate until you are ready to board the bus.
- Digital passes expire 60 minutes after activation. The time allotted to use your pass includes your (1) free transfer. You must use your transfer within time allotted.
- A paper pass is still required when transferring to or from CARTA.
- Anyone can purchase specialty passes including ADA service tickets. However, to use those specialty passes customers are still required to have predetermined eligibility and/or required to show a current ID to board the bus.
- Should you experience any technical issues with the app, please contact Token Transit, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tricounty Link customer service can be reached at 843-899-4096.
How much do mobile passes cost?
Can I request a refund?
When do I need an internet connection?
Which passes are available on Token Transit?
Can I buy transfers on Token Transit?
Can I buy transfers to other transit agencies through Token Transit?
for any participating Transit Agency.
How do I know if my pass is active?
Is there a record of expired passes?
‘History’. There will be a new entry every time you use a pass.
Can I have a receipt for my pass purchase?
you register your account. Receipts will be sent to the email address associated with your
What if my battery dies while my pass is active?
issued if your phone’s battery dies while your pass is active.
What happens to my account if I lose my phone?
number. They are not linked to your physical phone. Logging in with your phone number on a
new device will restore your previous pass and payment information.
Is my credit card information secure?
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant server.
I don’t have a credit or debit card. Can I go to a Transit Pass Outlet with cash or a check to pay for and load passes onto the app?
I’m taking a group of students for a field trip. Rather than pay cash or buy paper passes, can I use the Token Transit app?
I need help with the app! Who can help me?